IHS Markit “Safety at Sea” have today, Friday 08 June 2018, announced this year’s Award Finalists: Coltraco Ultrasonics. Coltraco Ultrasonics have been shortlisted for “The Best Safety Product of the Year (hardware)” for their FLEETSAFE package.
When asked, Coltraco Ultrasonics’ CEO, Mr Hunter, was “delighted and honoured” and thanks the Safety at Sea publication team and the judges for “recognising our Safeship® mission: our commitment to the provision of safety for crew, asset and vessel at sea.”
The Awards Ceremony is taking place on Thursday 18th October at Le’ Meridien, Mayfair.
The nomination is for Coltraco Ultrasonics’ FLEETSAFE package, supported by their Safeship® initative. This is a mariner’s package of innovative safety tools to go above and beyond minimal compliance with regulations to create a safer ship:
- Portascanner® WATERTIGHT - an ultrasonic watertight integrity tester for testing hatchcovers, doors and cable transits
- Portalevel® MAX Marine - an ultrasonic liquid level indicator which identifies the precise content of CO2 and clean agent fire suppression systems onboard
- Portasteele® CALCULATOR – a datalogging app which converts Portalevel®’s liquid level readings to weight of agent
- Portagauge® - an ultrasonic thickness gauge for testing rust and corrosion of metal
- Portamonitor® - an acoustic emissions bearing indicator for testing bearing wear and tear in rotating machinery
With this package the hatch-covers, doors, MCTs, compartments, pipework, hulls, bulkheads, rotating machinery, pumps, sprinkler systems and gaseous extinguishing installations are protected. The package is based on integrity - from design focusing on accuracy, reliability and ease of use, through to Coltraco’s Customer Care Commitment of life-time support.
The Safeship® initiative promotes protecting people, cargo and vessel at sea. This is a call to respond to regulations with a rigorous attitude, to go above and beyond, to provide security of life and infrastructure.
See the shortlist here
We are delighted to host a special guest and a distinguished Hatfield alumnus...
20-22 Sept 2019
Marketing & Communications Assistant Chloe Kay attended the NOF Energy Engage Even yesterday...
12 Sept 2019
CEO, Carl Hunter and Head of Marketing & Communications, Clare Hunter attended ...
12 Sept 2019